- 1 Where can I sell antiques in Chicago?
- 2 Where is the best place to sell antiques?
- 3 Can you sell antiques to antique stores?
- 4 How much do antique store owners make?
- 5 How do I sell to an antique dealer?
- 6 Do antiques sell well on eBay?
- 7 What is the best website to sell antiques?
- 8 How do I find the value of antiques?
- 9 What antiques are worth money?
- 10 Do pawn shops buy antiques?
- 11 Why antiques are not selling?
- 12 Can you negotiate at an antique store?
- 13 Is there money in selling antiques?
- 14 What is a good profit margin for antiques?
Where can I sell antiques in Chicago?
Best Antique Buyers in Chicago, IL
- B J Antiques. 7.0 mi. 5 reviews.
- A&R Estate Buyers. 2.5 mi. 107 reviews.
- Chicago Estate Advisors. 3.0 mi. 12 reviews.
- Chicago Gold Gallery. 6.5 mi. 26 reviews.
- Broadway Antique Market. 6.1 mi. 99 reviews.
- Direct Auction Galleries. 7.5 mi. 34 reviews.
- Juju’s Vintage Antique & Resale Shoppe. 9.9 mi. 46 reviews.
- Toomey & Co Auctioneers. 6.2 mi.
Where is the best place to sell antiques?
10 Best places to sell antiques and collectibles
- RubyLane. RubyLane is the place to sell your antiques if you are a semi-pro antique aficionado.
- Tias. A very simple site that has not been updated in a long time.
- Auction houses.
- Flea markets.
- Antique shops.
Can you sell antiques to antique stores?
Vintage and antique goods can often bring you money if you ‘re selling the right items. In my experience, selling at local antique shops will bring you fast money, but not necessarily the most cash. After all, local antique shops buy with the hope of re- selling at a profit.
How much do antique store owners make?
How much profit can an antique store make? A standard profit margin for many dealers is about 30%, but keep in mind that you will be taking out listing fees, consignment fees, and other expenses. A successful antiques business owner can see an income of between $45,000 and $60,000 a year.
How do I sell to an antique dealer?
4 Tips for Selling Antiques to Dealers
- Do Your Research Beforehand.
- Expect to Get 25 to 50 Percent off the Retail Price.
- Be Prepared to State Your Price.
- Don’t Look Back After the Sale.
Do antiques sell well on eBay?
Antiques are one of the most hot selling items on eBay. They’re equally loved by sellers who make a good living selling them. In fact, it’s not uncommon for eBay sellers to source items for a couple of dollars and resell them for $50-$100 or more.
What is the best website to sell antiques?
Here are the top ways to sell antiques and collectibles online:
- Ebay. Selling antiques on eBay has been one of the go-to ways for dealers to put their collections in front of thousands of people for over two decades.
- Ruby Lane.
How do I find the value of antiques?
“In addition to online services and search engines, it is possible to find out how much your antiques are worth by simply asking an antique dealer or an appraiser at an auction house, for instance,” Martin says.
What antiques are worth money?
23 Types of Valuable Antiques to Look For
- Novelty Barware. While many barware sets have value, it’s usually in the range of $20 to $100, depending on the materials and style.
- Hunting Decoys. You’ve probably seen those wooden ducks sitting in antique shops.
- Depression Glass.
- Original Paintings.
- Barber Chairs.
- Old Clocks.
- Cast Iron Doorstops.
Do pawn shops buy antiques?
Bottom line: because every pawn shop must consider the needs of the community it serves, not every pawn shop will buy or pawn antique furniture. Your best bet is to call around to the pawn shops in your city and visit them to see if they might be interested in your furniture.
Why antiques are not selling?
Another reason antiques in general are not selling as well, is because baby-boomers are downsizing their homes, and flooding the market with antiques and other furniture. Large antique cabinets, bookcases and china cabinets seem too large for today’s look, and often don’t work well with open-concept homes.
Can you negotiate at an antique store?
As a ground rule, expect to get at 10-15% discount. Negotiating for antiques is expected at flea markets, antique shows, stores and warehouses. But some dealers simply won’t negotiate – while others may surprise you with 25, 30 or even a 50% discount.
Is there money in selling antiques?
While antiquing probably won’t make you rich, it can be a rewarding way to bring in an income while working within an industry you love. Antiques dealers typically sell their wares via one of three mediums: a brick-and-mortar shop, online, or at antique shows and malls.
What is a good profit margin for antiques?
Antique dealers must conduct their business in such a manner as to produce a profit margin of at least 6 to 1. If you gamble for a living, and the antique trade is gambling, the odds must be stacked in your favor.