- 1 What’s happening at the Puyallup Fair?
- 2 How long does the Puyallup Fair last?
- 3 Will the Puyallup Fair Open in 2021?
- 4 Who owns Puyallup Fairgrounds?
- 5 Who’s playing at the Puyallup Fair this year?
- 6 Why did the Puyallup Fair change its name?
- 7 How much money does the Puyallup Fair make?
- 8 How long is the Clark County Fair?
- 9 Who is Washington state governor?
- 10 What happened at the Puyallup fairgrounds during World War II?
- 11 Was there a Japanese internment camp in Washington state?
- 12 When did the Puyallup Fair become the Washington State Fair?
What’s happening at the Puyallup Fair?
2021 Washington State Fair Concert Series in Puyallup
- Carrie Underwood Sept. 4, 2021.
- Ice Cube with Ginuwine. Sept. 5, 2021.
- The Beach Boys. Sept. 6, 2021.
- Kidz Bop Live. Sept. 13, 2021.
- STYX & REO Speedwagon. Sept. 22, 2021.
- Darius Rucker. Sept. 25, 2021.
How long does the Puyallup Fair last?
The Washington State Fair hosts two annual events: the 21-day Washington State Fair in September, and the four-day Washington State Spring Fair in April.
|Washington State Fair|
|Dates||Main fair in September Spring fair in April|
|Location(s)||110 9th Ave SW Puyallup, Washington, U.S.|
Will the Puyallup Fair Open in 2021?
Washington State Fair in Puyallup – Sept. 3-26, 2021.
Who owns Puyallup Fairgrounds?
The Washington State Fair is a private, not-for-profit, 501-C3 corporation. It receives no government subsidy, and pays city and state taxes. Any proceeds are invested back into the Fair for improvements.
Who’s playing at the Puyallup Fair this year?
STYX & REO Speedwagon Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2021 at 7:30pm.
Why did the Puyallup Fair change its name?
At least it’s not hard to pronounce: starting next year, the Puyallup Fair will officially be called the Washington State Fair — a change designed to reflect the bigness of the event and avoid a word that trips up many newcomers.
How much money does the Puyallup Fair make?
In 2017, it was $32 million in revenue and $29 million in expenses. Fair officials are currently working on the latest numbers for this year’s fair. In 2017, the Washington State Fair: Paid more than $955,000 admission taxes and fees to the city of Puyallup.
How long is the Clark County Fair?
The Clark County Fair is an annual ten-day event held at the Clark County Event Center at the Fairgrounds in Ridgefield, Washington.
Who is Washington state governor?
Jay Robert Inslee (/ˈɪnzliː/; born February 9, 1951) is an American politician who has served as the 23rd governor of Washington since 2013.
What happened at the Puyallup fairgrounds during World War II?
In May and June 1942, just under 100 Japanese Americans left Camp Harmony to find work or attend school outside the exclusion zone, or to repatriate to Japan. The Puyallup Fairgrounds were then occupied by the U.S. Army 943rd Signal Service Battalion until they were transferred to Fort Lewis, Washington in December.
Was there a Japanese internment camp in Washington state?
The Puyallup Assembly Center was the only Japanese internment camp in Washington state, held at the Puyallup fairgrounds, now known as the Washington State Fairgrounds.
When did the Puyallup Fair become the Washington State Fair?
In 1913, it became the Western Washington Fair, and more than 60 years later, in 1976, fair officials began marketing it as the Puyallup Fair, LaFlamme said.