- 1 What is an antique whatnot?
- 2 What was a whatnot piece of furniture?
- 3 What is a whatnot stand?
- 4 What does a whatnot look like?
- 5 What antiques are worth the most money?
- 6 What is a Canterbury whatnot?
- 7 What is whatnot app?
- 8 What is another word for whatnots?
- 9 What is not in a sentence?
- 10 How do you use the word whatnot in a sentence?
What is an antique whatnot?
The antique whatnot stand was intended to display a variety of objects, ornaments, curiosities, books and papers. They are usually in very nice serpentine or simpler rectangular shapes, with three shelves and occasionally one or two drawers below. French etageres were more highly decorated than British ones.
What was a whatnot piece of furniture?
A what-not is a piece of furniture derived from the French étagère, which was exceedingly popular in England in the first three-quarters of the 19th century. It usually consists of slender uprights or pillars, supporting a series of shelves for holding china, ornaments, trifles, or “what not”, hence the allusive name.
What is a whatnot stand?
Learn about Whatnot. A set of standing shelves for holding books, ornaments and whatever. Usually triangular, they have staged or graduated shelves, supported by spindles and often with a fretwork gallery at the back of each shelf. They were often made in burr walnut, sometimes inlaid.
What does a whatnot look like?
A whatnot is made in three or four tiers, and of any shape: square, oblong, quarter of a circle, as in the illustration, to fit into a corner. Sometimes when the whatnot is rectangular a drawer is added below the lowermost shelf. They are generally intended for the reception of music-books, china, &c.
What antiques are worth the most money?
55 common antiques that you can sell for serious cash
- Vintage Toy Goat. Approximate Value: $600 – Pull toys like this vintage toy goat were typically made in Germany and imported to the US in the early 1900s.
- Wood Chest.
- Coin Banks.
- Windsor-Style Armchair.
- Milk Glass Easter Eggs.
- Hooked Rug.
- Portable Sewing Machine.
What is a Canterbury whatnot?
A high Victorian richly figured burr-walnut canterbury what-not decorated with profuse fret-cut decoration, barley-twist supports and a base fitted single drawer and raised on short turned supports to castors. width 56cm. depth 42. height 86.
What is whatnot app?
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Attend live auctions, card breaks and shopping events from top sellers and geek out with other collectors and like-minded people.
What is another word for whatnots?
In this page you can discover 16 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for whatnot, like: gimcrack, nicknack, cheesey, candyfloss, bauble, bibelot, gewgaw, knickknack, novelty, toy and trifle.
What is not in a sentence?
1. It’s full of old toys, books and what not. 2. Children love to have toys, pictures and what not.
How do you use the word whatnot in a sentence?
Use “ whatnot ” in a sentence | “ whatnot ” sentence examples
- You can buy crisps and whatnot at the bar.
- Put your bags, cases and whatnot in the back of the car.
- The council can send messages or letters or whatnot in Spanish to their constituents.
- It’s a new firm.
- All high tech and computers and whatnot.
- Because, because, because of the acid and whatnot.