- 1 How do you decorate with antiques?
- 2 How do I show antiques in my house?
- 3 How do you spruce up a bare wall?
- 4 How can I decorate my walls for cheap?
- 5 How do you display your antiques in a way that feels modern?
- 6 Are antiques making a comeback?
- 7 How do I show collections without looking cluttered?
- 8 How do you modernize antiques?
- 9 How do you display collectible items?
- 10 What can I put on my wall instead of pictures?
- 11 How do I make my walls less boring?
- 12 What can I do with a small blank wall?
- 13 How can I decorate my walls without drilling holes?
- 14 What can I use to cover walls instead of drywall?
- 15 What should you hang on your bedroom walls?
How do you decorate with antiques?
But you can also keep reading for examples of interior design with antique furniture in modern spaces, along with tips for decorating with antique furniture!
- Layer Antiques With Contemporary Decor.
- Make A Statement.
- Use Antiques As Accent Pieces.
- Create Contrast With Old Meets New.
- Mix Real Antiques With Reproductions.
How do I show antiques in my house?
Show Off. Create an art gallery in your home with vintage art or posters. Gallery walls look great almost anywhere, but for optimal impact, display your art in a high-traffic area like a hallway, staircase, or the living room. Use kraft paper to map out the perfect spot for each piece before hanging it.
How do you spruce up a bare wall?
25 Ways to Dress Up Blank Walls
- 3: Kitchen Art Gallery. Even your kitchen walls could use some sprucing up.
- 4: Screenprint Art. Give your walls a cool effect with a pop art look.
- 6: Framed Maps. Give an old map a modern spin with a multi-frame application.
- 7: Rustic Baskets.
- 8: Photo Collage Wallpaper.
- 13: Book Page Art.
- 14: String Art.
- 18: Empty Frames.
How can I decorate my walls for cheap?
18 Inexpensive DIY Wall Decor Ideas
- Paint Thrift Store Frames. One of my first stops at the thrift store is the frames section.
- Hang Up Old Shutters.
- Frame Old Baby Clothes.
- Make Art from Vintage Yardsticks.
- Curate a Collection.
- Make Oversized Sheet Music.
- Make a Simple Sign.
- Frame Book Pages.
How do you display your antiques in a way that feels modern?
“I tend to use contemporary furniture and lighting elements to give a space a more modern feel. These pieces take on an artistic quality and have energy against traditional backdrops. Another way to modernize an interior is to incorporate a bold paint color or even use graffiti on the walls.”
Are antiques making a comeback?
Brown antique furniture has been in the doldrums for many years now. The good news is things are changing. The 1990s trend in interiors for pale Skandi-style woods is making way for a return to the rich dark hues of brown, woods such as mahogany, walnut and oak to name a few.
How do I show collections without looking cluttered?
5 Ways to Display Your Collections without Looking Cluttered
- Cluster Items in Groups. Grouping items makes the placement feel intentional rather than haphazard and cluttered.
- Create Focal Points.
- Sort Items by Color.
- Treat All Collections as Art.
- Rotate Items Seasonally.
How do you modernize antiques?
“ Antiques add the touch of time and the human hand. Susan Sully’s 10 Tips for Living with Heirlooms & Antiques
- Don’t take things too seriously.
- Put small things together.
- Keep things in sight.
- Serve tea.
- Collect interesting flatware.
- Find new uses for old things.
- Don’t be afraid of brown furniture.
How do you display collectible items?
Here are some suggestions for making the most of a collection:
- Place mundane objects in a stage-type setting.
- Don’t let the backdrop interfere with your display.
- Add focus with lighting.
- If you have more stuff than space, display one great object in place of two more modest pieces.
What can I put on my wall instead of pictures?
No matter your style, we’ve got the tricks that can amp up your walls and bring out your personality and taste. 20 Wall Decor Ideas to Refresh Your Space
- Go for Large-Scale Art.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Incorporate an Accent Wall.
- Showcase Fabric.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Paint a Mural.
- Install Shelves.
- Hang Plates.
How do I make my walls less boring?
As interior designers, we’ve battled many boring walls over the years years. 8 Ways To Rescue A Boring Wall
- Murals. Good bye accent walls, hello murals.
- Photo Gallery.
- Floating Shelves.
- Stone & Wood Accents.
What can I do with a small blank wall?
Below are several ideas to help make those blank walls the highlight of each room.
- Add millwork. Getty Images.
- Create a wood pallet wall. Getty Images.
- Add a map.
- Add mirrors and sconces — or ledges.
- Add a dramatic color.
- Create interesting storage options.
- Create a graffiti wall.
- Create an authentic-looking wood or stone wall.
How can I decorate my walls without drilling holes?
1 | Blu Tack, Tapes, And Stickers Anything adhesive will be your best friend, but opt for those which you can easily remove when you need to, and won’t leave any marks or chip the wall paint. For lightweight and small wall decors, we recommend using Blu Tack, washi tapes, and stickers or wall decals.
What can I use to cover walls instead of drywall?
- Wood Planks.
- Plastic Panels.
- Veneer Plaster.
- Lath and Plaster.
- Wahoo Walls.
- Textured Wall Panels.
What should you hang on your bedroom walls?
Here are some easy ways you can take your bedroom wall decorating to the next level.
- Paint (or wallpaper) the wall a rich, vibrant color.
- Hang a patterned rug.
- Add a wall mural.
- Create a gallery wall.
- Hang a room divider.
- Hang a horizontal painting or mirror.
- Hang a series of wall art horizontally.